Español | Deutsche | Français | Italiano | Português

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

 

Blog Thoughts

I began this blog 14 months ago. I didn't have a theme or a specific purpose in mind when I began, so I named the blog "Pensamientos", which means "thoughts" in Spanish. Initially I was more concerned with the design and appearance of these pages than the actual writing. It became an interesting way for a retired guy like myself to pass the time in a creative activity. After I was satisfied with the look of this weblog, I began writing about random thoughts that swirled about in my head. Reactions to tidbits of news, other people's blogs and the war in Iraq,( Especially the war, since my son Paul was fighting there as a soldier). Because of my anxiety for Paul's safety, my daily writings became expressions of war thoughts and were personal and cathartic. Eventually, Paul returned home safely from Iraq (Praise the Lord!!) and my pre-occupation with Iraq diminished. Everyday, I still read the names of the soldiers who have died and are on the American Coalition website and say silent prayers for their souls and for their familie's grief. My son is still a soldier with the real possibility of returning to Iraq in the future, and I never want to forget the Americans who have died or have been maimed in this bloody war. I have always written my thoughts in a small private journal. Also, I write poetry about things or ideas that impress or bother me. If I can write it,I am often able to understand it. This isn't always true, but I gain some clarity and emotional satisfaction through writing. For the past few months, my blog has become a poetry blog. Many of my poems are about relationships between men and women, about sex and passion, about trust, about deceit, about lonliness and even about joy. I've discovered that I often see the dark side of things, which I suspect interests me more than the saccharine, pleasantness of ordinary living. I'm certain that my poetry offends some and inspires others. Most poems on this blog are works in progress, that I constantly edit and change. If you're reading this essay and enjoy my poetry and writing, welcome. If you are bored or turned off by my writing,move on. There's plenty of interesting stuff to read out there without wasting your time here. I truly appreciate those of you who have taken the time to read and comment on my poems or have contacted me regarding them. Thank you. Following this essay is a new poem that I published today. It is a short triolet entitled "Inner Space"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?