Español | Deutsche | Français | Italiano | Português

Thursday, November 10, 2005

 

Wading into War Again

Son Paul leaves for his second Iraq tour the day after Thanksgiving. The first tour was pretty stressful on our whole family. Given the political situation in Iraq today, I'm certain it'll be worse this time. Saddam's pending trial, elections and escalating violence punctuate the landscape. My feelings are expressed in the poem that I wrote and placed under the title of this blog. In general this weblog will shift emphasis from poetry to the war and my son's presence in Iraq. I will continue to write poems on a different blog called "Poetic License" http://www.testkeith.blogspot.com. Please visit, read, enjoy and comment on my poems. I hope to share my thoughts (Pensamientos) about the war, life in the USA, and the current political doings from my own understanding and perspective. Also I'd love to hear from parents who have a son or daughter in the military, so feel free to leave comments.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?